1. How has Satan been able to use “superstimulus” against you? Why are things that are not
even real so appealing?
2. Why does God create us with desires that can be turned against us so easily? What is
there to learn from having these kinds of desires, even though they can be a minefield?
3. How have you seen unhealthy desires affect your prayer life? How does prayer become
backward when it is based upon my desires?
4. Is it fair to say a life chasing after one’s desires will be unfruitful? How would you evaluate
the fruitfulness of your life? If your life is not producing the fruit you would hope, what
role do your desires play in this?
5. What strategy do you learn from Jacob in overcoming a lifestyle filled with quarrels and