1. How would you describe your storm theology? Do you have a tendency to be more like
Shadrach, Meshach & Abednego or Job's wife?
2. What are some ways that Jesus has asked you to leave your comfort zone and go to the
3. What causes us to think less of Jesus (or God) when we face a difficult storm? Tell of a
time when it felt like Jesus was asleep while you were fighting for your life.
4. What is the irony in them asking Jesus whether He cares that they are perishing? Are
there times we have fallen into this same way of thinking?
5. How is what Jesus did in Mark 4:35-41 more of a spiritual battle than a physical one? How
do the two questions Jesus asks the apostles in verse 40 help with putting the storms we
face in the proper perspective?