1. How easy is it for you to be offended by what people do? What advantage is there to
intentionally choosing to not be scandalized by things?
2. How does Jesus’ mission of peace factor into your purpose of life? What struggles do you
have with being a peacemaker?
3. Do you think Jesus was hurt by Peter’s denial? How was Jesus able to act so kind and
forgiving toward someone He warned several times about what was coming? How well
do you offer this level of shalom to the people in your life?
4. Is there an area in your life or a relationship that needs shalom (order, completeness,
fulfillment, peace)? What steps will you take to actively seek to bring this about?
5. Why do so many dividing walls exist among people? How does shalom tear down these
areas of division? How did Jesus demonstrate this level of shalom in His own life?