1. What kind of frustration have you had with wanting your life to be used by God to make a
real difference for His Kingdom, but not being sure how to go about it? How can a study
of spiritual gifts provide answers for this?
2. How important is being planted in the right environment? What kinds of things make you
feel like you are thriving and growing because you are planted where you are supposed
3. How would Garden Ridge be different if everyone was planted in the right environment
and empowered to fulfill what their gifts were meant to accomplish?
4. Is there something you would like to do in ministry or in service to others but are not sure
you have permission or authority to just do it? If so, what is it?
5. Do you believe that everyone who is a believer has a spiritual gift? (See I Corinthians 12:7)
How excited are you to find out what your gifts are?
6. What is the difference between spiritual gifts and natural talents? How can both be useful
to the Kingdom of God?
7. Jesus told Peter the vision He had of him and how He intended to use Peter’s talents,
passions and gifts (Matthew 4:18-20). What do you think Jesus would say to you,
according to your talents, passions and gifts?
8. How freeing is it to know that the gifts, the ministries and even the effects are all
according to what God gives us? (I Corinthians 12:4-6) What is a healthy balance when it
comes to our efforts and God producing the results?
9. Have you ever felt like one of the “uncounted” (like you really don’t matter or have much
to offer)? How does the story of using the little boy’s lunch in the feeding of the 5000
offer you God’s perspective on this? (Matthew 14:21)
10. What could Garden Ridge do better to help people use their spiritual gifts?