1. Why are politics something important for a Christian to be involved in? What makes politics so volatile and divisive?
2. How does the story of the Good Samaritan apply to the situation we find in United States politics? Why have we struggled so much with finding the right tool for the job?
3. Why did Nehemiah have reason to fear when the king asked him about his sadness? How did Nehemiah’s diplomacy shine through the way he handled the situation?
4. What difference did prayer make in the events of Nehemiah 1-2? Do you believe your prayers will bring about better things for your nation, like they did for Nehemiah? Why, or why not?
5. How does seeing what God did with the various kings in II Chronicles, based upon their acceptance or rejection of maintaining covenant with God, apply to what we are going through as a nation today? What are some things we can do to help things move in a healthy direction?