1. What kinds of dreams or vision have you had shot down by other people’s criticism or ridicule? How is this a problem in our political system?
2. How does the layout of Nehemiah 4 (every advancement is met with criticism and opposition) correspond to your experience with spiritual development?
3. How have you seen exhaustion and discouragement add to the problems in our nation? How has Satan used these to hinder what God wants to build in your own life?
4. Why would God ask someone to run against horses? What do we learn from being challenged this way?
5. How does making prayer our first response change the perspective of the situation you face? Why is it so difficult for even committed followers to practice this?