1. How is rejoicing in the LORD a safeguard? From what kinds of things does it protect you?
2. What do you find impressive about Saul’s list of accomplishments in Philippians 3:4-6? Why is this not a good offering to the LORD?
3. Discuss whether you think a person can seek to destroy others and still have joy. How do Saul’s actions of persecution compare favorably and unfavorably with Phineas and the Sons of Thunder?
4. What kind of wrong measuring sticks have you seen implemented in churches or people’s lives? What is the danger of comparing us to ourselves or to other people?
5. Why is resurrection listed twice in Philippians 3:10-11? How are the sufferings of Jesus a fellowship?