1. What struggles have you had with trying to keep a foot in both worlds?
2. Why do you think the standards of God call for no compromise? Does this make God seem harsh and demanding?
3. (See Exodus 32:25) How did making the golden calf violate the call for Israel to be a holy nation? How did it also violate the requirement for Israel to be a kingdom of priests?
4. How do God’s 10 Words (The 10 Commandments) provide order and ultimately goodness for your life?
5. How does defining sin as things that tear apart community with God and with one another help you to see the destructive nature of sin and the purpose of God’s 10 Words?