1. How have you seen well-intentioned things get turned around into something harmful or detrimental to others and us?
2. What is the difference in praying according to God’s promises versus trying to force Him to do what we want? Have you had times you have fallen into trying to manipulate God or His ways?
3. Most days have battles! What lessons or warnings do you see about how to face those battles from the strategy of Hophni and Phineas and the rest of the account in I Samuel 4?
4. Why is it so tempting to try to accept Jesus as Savior and to seek His presence without also recognizing Him as LORD? What problems do you have with Him truly being your LORD?
5. How do you see the beauty of what God did for us through Jesus portrayed in the account of God allowing His ark to be taken by the Philistines?
6. Have you had times when you felt like your life was “Ichabod” (Where is the glory?) How does inviting the presence of Jesus into your life restore the glory? Can you give some specific examples?