1. What kinds of things has God done in your life, or in the lives of those around you, that have enabled you to see beyond your limited worldly perspective?
2. Discuss how you have seen your perception of God’s ways change as you moved further back from the initial experience you had. Why do we have such a difficult time with being patient and maintaining hope when we encounter difficulties?
3. In what ways have you been guilty of trying to put God in a box? How has He surprised you and acted different from what you expected?
4. How much of our suffering today is due to God attacking our idols?
5. How “scientific” has your research into the things of God been? What kind of evidence have you found that supports surrender to God and His ways?