1. What are some ways in which God demonstrates His sovereignty and love in the midst of the crucifixion? How important is it for you that God makes sure Jesus does not die alone?
2. From this story of Jesus hanging between two thieves, how far is God willing to reach into your life to rescue you?
3. In what ways have you treated Jesus like a spare tire? What can you do to avoid falling into this?
4. What fear do you have of standing up for Jesus against the crowd? What kinds of things helped the thief to develop the courage that he did?
5. How has following Jesus provided more than you thought you would receive when you first called upon Him?
6. How did Jesus and the thief who called upon Him both see beyond the darkness?