1. How have things of this world made you feel as if God is not involved or in control? How does the crucifixion account show You God’s control and involvement?
2. What should we learn about committing ourselves to the hands of God from stories like Daniel in the lion’s den, Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego in the fiery furnace and Paul & Silas in the Philippian jail? What about stories like Abel being struck down by his brother and James being killed by Herod?
3. What kinds of things have you been tempted to fill your glove with that have gotten in the way of God’s ability to put His hand in your life?
4. Do you agree that the Gospel is misrepresented when we say Jesus suffered so that we don’t have to? How does seeking comfort, luxury, admiration and ease hinder spiritual maturity?
5. How is what Jesus said and did upon the cross a model for us for how we should live according to the way of the cross?