1. When have you been told “no” by God? What did you learn from the experience?
2. Why do you think Moses keeps bringing up the fact that he was not allowed to enter the
Promised Land? Is he angry, or does he have other motives?
3. Whose fault is it that Moses can’t enter the land? Why does he say several times that it is
on account of the Israelites?
4. Since God called Moses and put the dream in his mind about taking possession of the
Promised Land, is it cruel for God to disallow his entry? How does God’s larger
perspective provide balance to this event?
5. If God said yes to all of your requests, how big of a mess would your life be right now?
6. How have you seen God fight against the things in your life that keep you from the depth
of relationship He wants to have with you?