1. How have you seen culture change to become more antagonistic toward teachings and
principles found in the bible?
2. From Jesus’ encounter with Pilate, we see a clash of two different cultures. How has
Jesus consistently taught the importance of a culture of beyond-this-world-truth over a
culture of worldly power?
3. In what ways has the truth set you free?
4. Do you agree that our culture is more like what Paul dealt with in Acts 17 than what Peter
preached to in Acts 2? How does living in this type of culture affect your understanding of
the bible, or influence how you teach the next generation about what is truth?
5. How prepared are you to “make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account
for the hope that is in you, with gentleness and reverence” (I Peter 3:15)?