1. What is a healthy way to respond to the changes in our culture? How is developing strong
and committed leaders an important part of this?
2. Do you think comparing what churches are facing in the culture of today with what Lewis &
Clark encountered in their exploration of the Louisiana Purchase and beyond is a good
comparison? Why or why not?
3. What is the importance and/or the dangers of leadership being adaptive?
4. Do you agree that it is easier to be a priest than a prophet? Why or why not? What does
this tell you about the importance of leaders who provide vision for the future and address
the matters of the heart that lead to repentance and leaning more dependently upon God?
5. How much of leadership is about changing hearts? How is this even possible? What do
you learn from Jeremiah’s difficulties with this? In what ways did his perseverance pay off?