1. How does attacking your identity crumble the foundation for your life? What practices do
you have that help you keep a healthy view of your identity?
2. How has Satan encouraged you to do what you want to make things better for yourself?
How does worship and service to the LORD keep us from chasing after this carrot dangled
3. What do you learn from the way Joshua led Israel through transition to a new era? How
does taking them to Shechem and reminding them of promises the LORD made and kept
prepare them for the unknown coming upon them?
4. How have you seen stagnation (stuck in the old) and being enamored with the new cause a
loss of identity or a loss of focus on the mission from God?
5. Why does Joshua tell Israel they are not able to serve the LORD? What does holiness
have to do with your identity? How is the jealousy of God a good thing?
6. In a world so full of change, what are the things that must never change? What anchors
you so you are not blown around by every wind that comes along?