1. In what ways have you struggled with the question, “Who am I?” What reaction do you
have to seeing so many key figures in the bible asking the same question?
2. God’s response to the “Who am I” question is often, “I am with you.” and “I choose you.”
How have you experienced the difference God’s presence makes when you have
struggled with confidence or courage?
3. Why do you suppose God waited until the eunuch experienced rejection before sending
Philip to him to share Jesus with him? How has rejection, humiliation or discouragement
expanded your view of what God has provided through Jesus?
4. Why is it significant that Jesus touched lepers and ate with sinners? Who are the lepers
and sinners in your circle? How have you offered this kind of touch in your own life?
5. How has being chosen by God changed your life?