1. What are some things God has asked you to do that have made you really uncomfortable?
How have you seen God grow your character and faith through challenging
commandments or assignments He has given you?
2. Why would God choose a highly nationalistic and prejudiced man to be His
representative and messenger to Ninevah? What lessons about God do you learn from
3. What kinds of things might God call you to do, knowing that it is just as much for your
character development as it is to help someone else?
4. Jonah has to pay to run away from God. How is the price much more than he thought it
would be? How did his running cost others?
5. How comforting is it to know that there is really no running away from God—that He is in
constant pursuit of you?