1. What similarities do you see between Habakkuk’s situation with Judah and what our
nation is going through today? How does Habakkuk’s message to God’s people influence
2. How does Habakkuk’s stroll through the history of God working on behalf of His people
help you see God’s plan and involvement in our lives today?
3. How does the key of God reconciling the world to Himself change your perspective of the
various things going on in your personal life?
4. Habakkuk moves from wrestling in the dust with God to waiting in the watchtower to
leaping with confidence on the high places. Which of these three places would you place
your own walk with the LORD at this time? How does knowing God’s intention of
reconciling the world to Himself give you stamina in the wrestling; patience in the
watchtower; and hope to be leaping in the high places with Him?
5. What difference does it make that Habakkuk’s third chapter is written as a prayer and a
song? He expresses his fear & trembling, but also his total surrender in faith! How does
your prayer life and worship involve these same elements? Do you struggle with being
this real and vulnerable with God?