1. Why is the city of God not referred to in the writings of the Old Testament account of Abraham, but it is emphasized by the New Testament writers?
2. What reasons would there be for God to keep things a mystery at the beginning of the Old Testament? What was He getting mankind to focus upon?
3. How does Isaiah’s portrayal of a new heaven and new earth excite you about your future?
4. How is the confusion of the afterlife made clearer simply by clinging to Jesus?
5. In what ways are we sojourners in this world (like Abraham, Isaac & Jacob), with no real home during our physical lifetime? How does this help with the challenges we face?