1. What are your experiences with prayer being boring, dry, or a drudgery versus being
energetic, vibrant and a joy? What causes the difference for you?
2. How does prayer tie into being humble and dependent? Why would Satan make it a
priority to hinder the joy and effectiveness of prayer?
3. How is what we see in culture today akin to demon possession? How serious should we
take Jesus’ words that this can only come out through prayer? How does this effect your
desires and/or efforts to grow your prayer life?
4. How and why do our efforts at problem solving get in the way of seeing powerful results?
How does Jesus’ teachings about the vine and branches in John 15:1-8 apply to this?
5. What is the significance of priests coming to the faith in Acts 6:7? How did a focus on the
word of God and prayer help to bring this about?