1. How does pride act as a root to all sin? How important does that make battling pride?
2. In what ways have you struggled with the kind of pride seen in the prodigal son and his
older brother? Are there times you have settled for being the servant of the Father rather
than enjoying what He gives His children?
3. What struggles do you have with humility?
4. What is a healthy balance between loving self and falling into the sin of pride?
5. How does the story of the Rich Man and Lazarus help you have a better understanding of
heaven and hell? How is what the Rich Man suffered a consequence of pride?
6. How does recognizing we are poor in spirit provide a solution for the battle with pride?