1. How can one experience joy when going through difficult situations?
2. How has “life happened” to you and your loved ones lately? How did Paul’s connection to
the Philippians help him to have joy and remember purpose during his difficulties? What
connections do you have to help you in this way?
3. What things feel like chains to you? How might God be using them to advance the Gospel?
4. What struggles do you have with focusing on what God has not done instead of seeing
what God has promised He will do? What specific promises are helpful and life-giving to
5. Why does God speak in whispers? What kinds of things has He been whispering to you