1. How have you seen God saying “no” to your requests turn out to be a good thing?
2. How was God’s plan for a king different from what the Israelites wanted? Why do we find
it so hard to wait patiently for God to carry out His plans instead of rushing into our own
3. Why do we have such a difficult time being different from the world and wanting different
things from what the world wants? Give some examples of how not being like the world
is a good thing.
4. Why is changing an opinion so difficult, even when shown facts full of truth? What kinds of
things need to happen in order to change a heart?
5. What comfort do you receive from having a King who gives instead of taking from you?
What is one specific thing you can do this week to follow His example?