1. Do you believe that God’s judgment and wrath are a good thing? Why or why not?
2. What kind of tension do you see between the holiness of God and His desire to save us because of His love for us? What does this teach you about future judgment?
3. How does God’s judgment involve both salvation by faith and grace along with the necessity of good works? Are these two ways of being judged contradictory?
4. How comforting is it to see that the rulebook says we do not have to go to hell? How do Jesus’ words in Matthew 25:41 add to this comfort?
5. What difference does it make that Abraham and Moses were able to change the mind of God when it came to His wrath against the people of Sodom and those who made the golden calf? How does this demonstrate what God said about Himself in Exodus 34:6-7?